DIN Virtual Industry Forum is a series of events focused on defence relevant topics that bring together industry, defence and academics.
About this Event
This event will provide a unique opportunity to learn about the Defence’s research needs and for industry and academia to present their innovations to a panel of experts in response to specific R&D areas of interest. Participants will also have an opportunity to interact with a number of representatives from the DST Group, RAN, RAAF and the Australian Army.
Friday 24 July 2020, 11:30am to 1:30pm
Panel of Experts
• CAPT Thea O’Conor, HPO Centre of Excellence
• WOFF Simon Koch,Program Lead Navy Red-Teaming
• LTCOL Bevan McDonald, Land Capability Division, Army HQ
• Alexander Robinson, Seeing Machines
Areas of Interest
• Cognitive preparation, training and selection of resilient war-fighters
• Technologies for monitoring cognitive performance and reducing cognitive burden
• Enhancing cognition and decision-making under stress
• Human teaming with autonomous systems to increase combat effectiveness
11.30- 12.30 Panelist presentations and Q&A
12.30- 13.30 Breakout Rooms- academic & industry pitches & networking
Interested to pitch?
If you are a researcher from one of the DIN member universities and would like to give a short 5 minute pitch in above mentioned areas of interest , please register your interest by COB, 10 July 2020.
Interested to attend?
If you would like to join the event and just listen in, please register your expression of interest to attend by 22 July 2020. Teleconference details will be sent to registrants who meet conditions of entry. Please use your professional email to register for this event.
Conditions of Entry
This event is catered to academics, DST Group, Defence, and Defence-related industry only. DIN reserves the right to cancel tickets or refuse access at any time without prior notice.
More info at firstname.lastname@example.org