DIN Virtual Industry Forum: Resilient multi-mission space, Space-based surveillance and secure communication
Friday 25 June 2021 | 11.30-14.30
Hybrid event: in-person at USYD and online via Zoom
Please register via Eventbrite link.
Pitch registrations close 11-June.
Attendee registrations close 23-June.
Defence Innovation Network and the University Sydney invite the defence and science community to the Virtual Industry Forum focused on Resilient multi-mission space, Space-based surveillance and secure communication.
This event will showcase NSW’s outstanding innovations presented by universities and industry in specific areas of interest. Participants will also have a chance to interact with a number of representatives from the DST Group, RAN, RAAF and the Australian Army.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Resilient space systems
- Autonomous space systems
- Space-based surveillance and advanced space domain awareness
- Secure and resilient communications delivered from space
- A/Prof Ben Thornber, University of Sydney
- Rod Smith, Resilient Multi-Mission Space STaR Shot Leader, DSTG
- Matt McDonald, EOS Space Systems
- Dr William Crowe, HEO Robotics
- Bohan Deng, Sperospace
- Dr David Hyland-Wood, BITScore
- Peter Padd, Fortifyedge
- Prof Yonghui Li, University of Sydney
- Prof. Russell Boyce, University of New South Wales
- Dr Greg Cohen, Western Sydney University
- Prof Shin-Chan Han, University of Newcastle
- Dr Lee Spitler, Macquarie University
- Dr Peiyuan Qin, University of Technology Sydney
11.30-12.00: Networking lunch for in-person attendees
12.00-13.25: Panelist presentations and Q&A
13.25-14.30: Academic pitches and networking
14.30-15.00: Lab tours: Centre for IoT and Telecommunications and Photonics Lab
Program available here.
Interested to pitch?
If you are an industry representative or researcher from one of the DIN member universities and would like to give a short 7-minute pitch, please register your interest by COB, 11 June 2021.
Interested to attend?
If you would like to join the event and just listen in, please register your interest to attend by COB, 23 June 2021.
Guests are invited to attend in person at the University of Sydney, and a Zoom link will be provided to those who wish to attend online. Event details will be sent by COB 24 June to registrants who meet conditions of entry. Please use your full name and professional email to register for this event.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
This event is catered to academics, DST Group, Defence, and Defence-related industry only. DIN reserves the right to cancel tickets or refuse access at any time without prior notice.
DIN Virtual Industry Forum is a series of events focused on defence relevant topics that bring together industry, defence and academics.