Project: Architecture Update for the CEOS Database and Website
|Start Date:||January 2022|
|Eligibility:||AU Citizens and Permanent Residents|
About the Industry Partner
Symbios Communications is a small and independent consulting company that has been supporting space agencies and the space industry since 2000. They have experience working with agencies and companies around the world including NASA, ESA, JAXA, USGS, CNES, ISRO, GISTDA , and others.
The project will be focused on devising and prototyping an update to the software architecture for the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites Missions, Instruments and Measurements Database and web application database.eohandbook.com.
The CEOS Database provides an excellent overview of the past, current, and future planed of civil governmental Earth observation satellites globally supporting the Defence ‘Space’ priority area.
The current database website is based on the ASP.NET 3.5 framework. The intern will consider a couple of options to update the framework to modernise the site and take advantage of recent advances in web capabilities. At the end of three months, an intern will prototype a solution that will be used to move forward and continue to remain the definitive EO satellite database.
- Web software development skills, familiarity with ASP.NET/C#MS SQL Server
- Basic software and server configuration and setup
- An understanding of a variety of web application frameworks
- Ability to build a prototype web application for demonstration
- Ability to clearly summerise information
- Ability to present findings to both internal and external partners
- Ability to work independently without explicit direction
- Willingness to learn new skills and interest in the Earth observation domain
- Join an expanding team on the development of cutting-edge space technologies
- Access to educational course related to Earth observation
- Exciting project and industry-leading innovation
- Exciting opportunity to network in an established project team of multiple partners across the World
Applications need to be submitted online by 15 November 2021 and should include additional documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residence
(e.g. passport, birth certificate, citizenship or PR certificate)
- Supervisor Support Letter
- Proof of successful progress of your study (e.g. stage or semester progress reports, transcripts etc.)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.