The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) is seeking innovative technologies that allow law enforcement officers to safely de-escalate conflict from a distance.
This Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) competition is seeking proposals for innovative technologies that allow law enforcement officers to safely prevent the escalation of conflict in serious or violent circumstances from a distance. The primary focus will be on solutions for distances between 5m and 50m (but solutions for distances between 0m and 70m will be considered).
At the end of the Phase 1 competition, we expect the innovation to be sufficiently developed to achieve either proof of concept or prototype demonstration, dependent on which track is chosen (see section 2 below). Additional funding for further phases to increase Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) may be available in the next financial year.
The total funding available in this Phase 1 competition across two tracks (see section 2) is £500k (excluding VAT).
Phase 1 Dates
- Competition briefing webinar- 9 September 2020
- Pre-bookable 1-1 telecom sessions- 9 and 24 September 2020
- Cyber Risk Assessment completion – 15 October 2020
- Competition closes- 15 October 2020
- Feedback release- 4 December 2020
- Contracting- Aim to start mid Dec 2021 and end 15 March 2021