Why you should attend
This program is perfect for NSW businesses currently working to support the defence industry and investigating new R&D to help grow their business or are in the early stages of engaging with a research organisation but not quite sure where to start.
Key program outcomes
- High-quality outcomes: We’ll step you through the process of turning your idea into a viable research project.
- Confidential feedback: All submissions through the program portal will receive prompt expert feedback.
- Mentor: You will be paired with a defence researcher to help connect you with the relevant specialists.
- Build your network: You will build key contacts in your sector, including researchers at CSIRO and universities, domain experts, funding professionals and other SMEs.
Commitment and course outline
Week 1 | Preparing for the program (~2 hours)
Pre-workshop videos, materials and questionnaires.
Week 2 | Workshop (4 hours)
Guest speakers from CSIRO, sector experts and SMEs who will provide tips and information on topics such as trends and opportunities, innovation experience and funding. You will also meet your fellow participants and mentor.
Weeks 3–10 | Self-paced innovation program (2–3 hours per week)
Participants explore opportunities to grow their businesses through innovation and research. Fortnightly virtual participant networking events and additional webinars (1 hour each).
A final questionnaire is required at completion.
Selection criteria (essential)
• Australian registered and operating.
• A business operating in NSW.
• Business classified as small to medium(<200 employees).
• A business currently, or in the early stages of, exploring R&D opportunities for their business.
Applications close:11 April 2022
Program starts: 26 April 2022
Download Defence flyer.