The Office of the NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer is calling for expressions of interest for research and innovation infrastructure to be located at the new Tech Central precinct in Sydney.
The program will provide up to $8 million in grant funding through the Tech Central Research and Innovation Infrastructure Fund to support cutting-edge technologies, emerging industries and research translation in the precinct.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be headquartered and/or have a major research/innovation presence located in NSW
• Research organisations or institutions
• NSW-located National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy facilities
• Consortium-based applicants bringing together industry, university, specialist research organisations and/or publicly funded research organisations
• Organisations or industry applicants
What can be funded?
Infrastructure grants may be provided for any of the below which are directly targeted at driving innovation in Tech Central:
• major equipment
• laboratory facilities
• highly-skilled technical experts or facility managers
• specialised technologies and systems
• industry-focused collaborative programs driving access to infrastructure and commercialisation
Applicants are encouraged to collaborate on proposals with university and industry partners, where appropriate and can apply as a consortium of organisations. For this reason, the process to apply for the Tech Central Research and Innovation Infrastructure Fund is a two-step process:
1. Expression of Interest (EoI) – closing COB Friday 17 June 2022
EoI will require a brief overview of the proposal in
development, the partners involved and the impact/rationale for this infrastructure investment in Tech Central and should be emailed to
2. Request for Proposal (RFP) – closing COB Friday 29 July 2022
The RFP process will require the applicant to submit a detailed application.